Dental implants have revolutionised cosmetic dentistry by providing a permanent solution to missing teeth, and if you are thinking about replacing a crown or even a set of dentures, dental implants are the ideal solution.
This is a rather complex procedure that has to be completed in several stages, which are:
- Initial Oral Examination – When a person wishes to have dental implants fitted, the dentist would first have to carry out a thorough oral examination. This would include X-Rays to determine that the jawbone is suitable for the implants. If you went to BWC Dental Clinic, the specialist would quickly ascertain which form of implants are suitable and outline a treatment plan.
- Choice of Treatments – The majority of people are suitable for endosteal implants, which involve inserting titanium pins into the jawbone, which bond very well with human bone and tissue. If a patient’s jawbone is unsuitable for implants, the dentist might recommend a bone augmentation, or possibly subperiosteal implants, which use a thin wire framework that is attached at the gum line. Once a treatment has been chosen, the dentist would compile a treatment plan, which would entail several appointments.
- Titanium Pin Insertion – The first appointment would be to insert the titanium pins, which must be place at precisely the right locations, and once the pins have been inserted, it is a question of waiting. Over the period of a couple of months, the titanium pins would bond tightly with the bone and gum tissue, thus providing a secure anchor for the prosthetic teeth.
- Taking the Impression – The prosthetic teeth are created from an impression and the next appointment would be to fit the crown to the pin. The impression would be taken at the pin insertion stage, giving the dentist time to create the prosthetic teeth. A temporary cover will be attached to the pins, and very specific instructions regarding eating must be followed, as the pins have not yet bonded.
- Attaching the Prosthetic Teeth – This is really the final stage of the treatment, and once fitted, your dental implants are complete. The dentist would give you specific care instructions, which you should follow. Your new teeth can be treated exactly the same as your natural teeth, with daily brushing and flossing, and if cared for correctly, will last you a lifetime.
- Follow Up Appointment – About 4-6 months after the implants are fitted, the dentist would carry out a routine examination to determine that all is well. If the implants are fitted by a qualified specialist, there’s very little that can go wrong.
If you would like to know whether or not Dental Implants, Phoenixville are for you, an online search will help you to locate a local cosmetic dentist, and by choosing one that is experienced in implant technology, you will be in the very best hands. Bangkok clinics offer the best deals, and even when you factor in the flights, it is still cheaper than in Europe or the US, which is why so many people travel to Thailand for their dental treatment.